Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Status Update

Just found out today I will be at my current site through July. Today was the halfway point of my first of four sessions. Up until today I was worried that I would not be able to stick out the summer. While I was expecting an incredible amount of work and exhausting day, there have been a lot of personality conflicts among staff. Are largest issues are not the kids, it is our lack of chemistry and aligned thinking among the counselors and director. But we are doing our best to iron out the wrinkles.

I am still considering doing three 2 week sessions instead of four. I'm concerned that I will need a little more time to relax after camp and before school, and as of right now I have 3 1/2 days before school starts after I return. So I talked to the camp director about it, she said she'd see what she could do (but it's the hardest session to staff) and I should see if any of the counselors that committed to one month would be interested in taking on another 2 week stint. I've decided to leave it up to fate, I can argue positives and negatives for each scenario...

No comments:

Post a Comment